Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stop Talking and Start Listening!

This marketing strategy may not seem like a marketing strategy to you, but I can assure you, if you do what I’m going to suggest you do, the positive word-of-mouth will spread like wildfire about you as an insurance agent.

My advice is to do 3 things:
1. Listen
2. Listen
3. Listen

I know, you probably think I’ve lost my mind. Did you know that when clients are surveyed about their insurance agent, the number one complaint they list about their agents is that they don’t listen?

I’m willing to bet that whatever you do, you’re anxious to provide the solution to a question, your client asks, before they finish asking. In fact, you are likely too anxious to answer their question that you don’t let them finish before you are in their face with the solution.

I’m going to ask you to purposefully listen! Give yourself the instruction to listen! Because, if your client or customer knows that you listen to them, do you know what they’re going to tell all of their friends, family members, co-workers, and neighbors about you? They’ll say, “He/she really listens to me.” And, that means you care! That has so much inherent value; it’s impossible to put a price on it.

The amount of new business and client/customer retention you gain as a result of you listening to them is impossible to measure.

So do yourself a favor, and put this initiative in place and do whatever you can to make sure that your clients or customers know you’re paying attention to them and that you’re listening to what they have to say.

To Your Success,

No comments:

Post a Comment