Sunday, November 24, 2013

Turkey Calls



Everyone sends Holiday Cards or Christmas Cards.  Many send birthday cards and then there are those who send "thank you for your payment cards."  Few though, if any, send "Thank You" cards at Thanksgiving.   Wait a second, I thought Thanksgiving was supposed to be about "Giving Thanks?

Wednesday, November 25, 2009, I received a phone call from my Insurance Agent who left the following message on my voicemail:

"This is Jeff, your Insurance Agent calling.  My team and I wanted to call you today to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.   If you are traveling this weekend please travel safe and most of all....enjoy those you will be with, including family and friends.   Please keep our phone number (555-1212) handy this weekend and know that you can call us at any time this weekend should you need our help.   We appreciate your business...Happy Thanksgiving!" 

I have received the same, or similar, message from Jeff each year since. My bank doesn't call me at Thanksgiving.  Nor does my phone company. Or the gas company.  Jeff is unique in that he is the only person I receive a phone call from at Thanksgiving! 

I did some homework and came to find out that Jeff sends this message to his 2,000 households for Thanksgiving each year.  All 2,000 households received the same message.  All 2,000 households hear from their Agent each year!

Have you called ALL of your customers this year? If you’re like many agency producers I coach...you have NOT called all of your customers this year.  In fact, I will bet some of your customers haven't received a phone call from you in two, or three years.

If you haven't been able to call all of your customers in the past year, or two, how did Jeff do it?  How does Jeff make 2,000 phone calls every year for Thanksgiving?   Jeff uses a Call Center to make the calls for him....using his voice!   Are you ready for this....it costs Jeff 12 cents per call....or $240 to call all of his customers.

A Call Center?  Yes indeed....a call center such as www.voiceshot.com or www.callfire.com.   There are a bunch of companies out there that can provide a similar service. I've come to like Voiceshot and Callfire the best.   

I highly recommend following Jeff’s lead in calling your current customers this Thanksgiving.  For twelve cents per call, it is a simple way to reach your current customers at an important time of year and when they least expect the call. 

Note....Jeff is only calling his current customers and these are NOT Sales Calls.  This is a simple "Thank You" call to existing customers.

For help in setting up Thank You Calls this Thanksgiving, simply call me for assistance.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and THANK YOU for reading our work!

No comments:

Post a Comment