Thursday, December 28, 2017

5 QUICK Steps To Prepare For The Unexpected In 2018



  1. Call family and friends and let them know you LOVE them. I tell EVERYONE in my family I love them EVERY TIME I see them. Make no mistake - if I were to get hit by a bus tomorrow no one in my family with wonder how I felt about them. As for close friends I routinely tell them how important they are to me and ALWAYS make the effort to see them and call them once a month.
  2. Start Your Emergency Fund. Simply open a new savings account with your bank where it automatically moves a small amount into this savings account from your checking. My emergency fund has 6 months living expenses stashed in cash I never touch..... start with figuring out how much you spend monthly and first save that, then build up to 3 months and BOOM you’re ahead of 95% of people.
  3. Get Life Insurance (I recommend these companies here.) Overall I have 3 policies with 3 separate companies to reduce risk and ensure my family is cared for).
  4. See your doctor & dentist and get your yearly or 6-month checkup. I had a close friend die - at age 37 - of colon cancer. If it had been caught just a few month earlier he might still be alive. Don’t be stubborn here (aka stupid). Take care of your body - it’s the only one you have.
  5. Speaking of body - take one action to better take care of yours. A simple daily walk, 30 minutes of meditation or reading in the morning, and of course actually going to the gym (not just having a membership. What’s really helped me is accountability with a trainer.
I sincerely wish you a great 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment