Monday, October 5, 2020

I always think I'm right. Don't you?

 

 

 


I always think I'm right. That's not ego, that's just the truth. So do you. 

 

There are times when I think I'm right and you think you're right, but we disagree. Now what? 

 

We can't both be right, can we? If we disagree then we are both saying, "I'm right. You're wrong." 

 

So what do we do about it? 

 

We could silently disagree with each other thinking why doesn't he just see it the way I do? 

 

We could talk to our friends who agree with us so that they can call us both stupid for not seeing it the way we do. 

 

We could call one another names because we know that nothing we say will change the other's mind so why not just make it personal. 

 

We could talk it out. 

 

Only one of those options results in the possibility of learning and growing. That's also the possibility that allows us to get to know each other and maybe make a friend. 


- Doug Myrick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment