Friday, April 14, 2023

Calculated Risks...

 


Risk taking is required in business. How risky are you? Do you take calculated risks or blind risks?


I have taken both in my life many times. Earlier in my career I took way too many blind risks. I just jumped. I have found that is a little too much risk and I learned so much along the way. Thankfully I have not been burned too much so far. It could change.

Over the last couple years, I have learned to take more calculated risks. Spent a little more time on decisions and consulted with my mentors/coaches before making decisions. Surrounding myself with people way smarter and more experienced than me has helped me to take more calculated risks. As I have developed a less worried mindset and also recognizing that I am not a failure has also helped with my ability to take risks. Risk does in fact favor the bold. Sometimes it just isn’t worth it. 

Remember to remind yourself of what you want each day by writing down your goals and this will help you to take and decide which risks are calculated and which are blind. 

- Doug Myrick cell 407.244.0972

No comments:

Post a Comment