Monday, January 27, 2014

Revive stale leads



Calling back old leads can be awkward and uncomfortable. Sometimes “old” feels eerily similar to “cold.” Try my 5+5+5 method:

Step One: Every day (and I mean every day – this is a discipline) write 5 handwritten notes to old leads. Just reintroduce and reconnect, and keep it brief. At the end of the note write, “I’ll call you in the next few days to check in and see if there are needs I can help you with.”

Step Two: Wait 5 days. Of course, each of those days will be spent sending 5 more handwritten notes.

Step Three: Make 5 calls to the people you wrote notes to 5 days ago. It will no longer be a cold call – you will have reintroduced yourself. You’ll be amazed at how many people say, “I’m glad you called!”

5 notes + 5 days + 5 phone calls. And you’ll change someone’s world.
********

No comments:

Post a Comment