Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I Asked 12 Insurance Companies About Insurance Coverage During the Cornavirus Crisis. Here's What They Said



I recently got a call from a client asking if he could purchase more life insurance during the coronavirus outbreak and if he could count on the company to pay out if he gets sick.

To prepare to answer my client, I sent out a dozen emails to underwriters at various insurance companies telling them about my case.

The answers I received were mostly positive but also very enlightening.

The overall feedback was that most could insure him as long as he has not tested positive for coronavirus. Most said if he did test positive, they would postpone offering him any coverage for two to three months after he recovered. Lastly, most said they would not offer coverage if he had any plans to travel outside of the U.S. in the coming months.

- Doug Myrick


No comments:

Post a Comment