Thursday, January 30, 2020

Ricky Gervais Nailed It


Back when I was younger, I was really into the award shows. The glitz, glamour and Hollywood jokes were my thing.
But now, I have a much more refined palate and spend my evenings reading the classics.

Just kidding.

I still love all of that award stuff; I just fall asleep way too early to watch them now that I am old. And tired.

So I end up watching the highlight reels the next day.

My favorite perhaps of all time is the most recent Golden Globes and the monologue by Ricky Gervais. His speech was not only funny, but he got his audience right. It isn’t the Hollywood elite in the audience. It is the snarky viewer watching at home.

His messaging took an "us versus them" vibe and created a bond with the viewer brilliantly.

It is EXACTLY what your messaging should do with your audience.
Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments.


Cheers,

Doug "I go to bed early" Myrick

PS. We’ve got an extra day this year…why not use it to multiply your business?

No comments:

Post a Comment