Sunday, November 22, 2015

Adversity is in the Eye of the Beholder

Let’s face it.  Challenges in life are simply distractions that try to inhibit us from fulfilling our destiny.  Maybe you have a neighbor who lets their dog do his business in your yard without cleaning it up.  Or, maybe the company you represent affects your ability to write new business.  Likewise, maybe something even more devastating happens in your life that really throws a grenade in your foxhole. 
 
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. -Walt Disney
 
It’s GOING to happen.  Good, bad, or challenging; situations WILL happen in your life that either elate you or upset you and try to tempt you from seeing the bigger picture.  Life is a roller coaster of ups and downs with ever-changing ebbs and flows.  My question is, how are you going to choose to see these events?  Simply put, you have a choice of how you react to it. 
 
I strongly believe in living a proactive life, and have set up systems in my life both professionally and personally that reflect that. 
 
When trouble comes, are you going to whine about it?  Or, are you going to choose to see it as an opportunity to make yourself or your business better because of it?  When things are going good, don’t  rest on your laurels or get cocky!  As soon as I begin to behave that way, life has a way of showing me that it’s not all rainbows and lollipops.  This may sound harsh, but I believe in telling people the truth and pushing them to be their best selves. 
 
This is how you live a successful life and attract people who have that same goal in mind.  God knows, I’ve had people in my corner who have cared about me enough to tell me the truth, even when I didn’t want to hear it.  I’m grateful for that.
 
Most frustrations aren’t worth your precious time and energy in worrying over.  Focus on your higher goal and purpose and achieve your mark of honor!
 
To Your Success,

Uncle "D" 

No comments:

Post a Comment